Read Aloud Videos: Environment & Earth Advocacy
Do you want to teach the children in your life about how to care for the environment? The books in this category cover climate change, conservation, recycling, and the work of climate activists.
This book is based on the childhood experience of Georgie Badiel. A young girl named Princess Gie Gie details her and her mother’s daily journey to get water.
Why do you think Gie Gie has to travel so far for water?
This wordless picture book is about a young girl who becomes friends with a bee.
- Why are bees important?
- How can you help save the bees?
This book is about the Indigenous-led movements to protect the Earth and its water sources.
- What are some ways you use water?
For additional activities related to Carole Lindstrom's book, visit our worksheet.
Ada Rios grew up in Cateura, a town built on a landfill in Paraguay. She wanted to learn how to play the violin, but the music class she signed up for did not have enough instruments. Her music teacher, Favio Chavez, decides to start making instruments out of recycled material. The students in her music class formed the Recycled Orchestra and play venues around the world.
- How can music bring people together?
This is the true story of Wangari Maathai, environmentalist and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- Do you have trees where you live? Do you like your trees?
This book tells the story of climate activist Greta Thurnberg.
- What things can you do to help Greta fight climate change?
A family goes through the ups and downs of living through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- You may want to light a candle with your family and send a kind thought or prayer to someone you know who is sick or lonely or especially sad right now.