On Earth Peace, an agency of the Church of the Brethren, has set a goal to train 1000 Brethren-affiliated people in Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation.
Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation is agape love in action. It emerges from the work of Martin Luther King, Jr., and the leadership of the black-led US Civil Rights Movement. Kingian Nonviolence is an approach to conflict and to community change. This approach has a specifically Brethren connection, through curriculum co-author David Jehnsen.
- Train 1000 Brethren-affiliated people to use Kingian Nonviolence as a resource for Christian peacemaking
- Foster teams that continue working together on issues of concern
- Help Brethren revitalize and channel our faith heritage
- Re-imagine how Brethren can engage communities and issues
KNV Can Help You
- Analyze and plan for conflicts in your life
- Deepen your faith and put it into practice
- Design a strategy to catalyze your community around an issue
- Connect with a living legacy of nonviolence and leadership
- Schedule an intro session with your district, congregation, or group
- Attend a 2-hour introduction, offered monthly (see OEP website)
- Set up a 30-min consultation about how your group could get involved
Contact [email protected] for more information or to get involved.