The purposes of On Earth Peace internships are to advance our work, to achieve success in specific programs and initiatives, and to offer skill-development and personal growth for emerging peacebuilders in a faith-based nonprofit setting, fulfilling our mission to develop leadership for peace in each generation.
Our internships are intended for young adults age 18-24, current college and graduate students regardless of age, and recent graduates who begin internship within one year of graduating.
All internships are paid at $10 per hour or minimum wage if higher.
OEP is an institution committed to anti-racism and anti-oppression. We deliberately intend to give all due consideration to persons of all identities, especially those against whom systemic oppressions run, in all our personnel related practices. We joyfully intend to welcome individuals from any and all of these groups to join our staff, programs, board, and constituency.
Our staff and interns work from their homes/schools throughout the United States.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal direct, in-person supervision.
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate education with some course work in fields pertaining to your internship.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in using computers and online tools in your work.
- Access to a work space that includes internet, computer, and phone. (On Earth Peace has a decentralized staff that each work from home offices.)
- Passion for building peace and justice.
Applications are received on a rolling basis.To apply please submit the following to:Marie Benner-Rhoades, Youth and Young Adult Peace Formation Director via email@example.com Questions may be directed to Marie by email.
The cover letter should include:
- Brief statement describing your philosophy of peacebuilding and involvement in peace work. Or…relevant experience for specific project for which you are applying.
- Specific area(s) which you hope to work on within On Earth Peace.
- Identify specific learning goals that you bring to this internship and how they connect with your continued education and/or work goals.
- Describe your working style.
- Include mailing address, email, and phone number where you can be reached.
- Also include name of university, year in school, and major.
Please include relevant coursework.
Provide at least three references.* Two of the references must be able to share about your particular qualifications for this position. One may be a personal character reference.*If seeking credit for this internship, please include internship professor as an additional reference.
At any given time, On Earth Peace has a number of projects available to interns. For full internship descriptions including duties/responsibilities and qualifications, please contact Marie Benner-Rhoades at MRhoades@OnEarthPeace.org.
On Earth Peace is also willing to work with students to design internships that meet their learning goals and class requirements. Contact Marie for more information.
Bolded internships are currently available positions. Non-bolded are currently filled.
Work closely with our executive director and program directors to help organize and support groups working in one or more of these peace & justice movement areas:
- Military Families Speak Out Organizer.
- Stop Recruiting Kids Campaign Organizer.
- Racial Justice Organizer: #BlackLivesMatter (Ohio & nationwide).
- Racial Justice Organizer: Dayton/Miami Valley OH.
- Peace Day Organizer: churches & allied groups.(US nationwide).
- Community of Practice Organizer.
- Living Peace Church Organizer: Help develop and support the emerging Living Peace Church "Community of Practice," with a network of On Earth Peace liaisons and peace teams in Church of the Brethren congregations and Districts (and in the broader church). SEMINARY STUDENTS ONLY
- Dunker Punks Podcast Systems Developer and Youth & Young Adult Program Assistant.
- Agape-Satyagraha Training Coordinator.
- Children's Peace Formation Coordinator.
Work closely with our executive director and program directors in one or more of the following areas of communication needs:
- Social Media Organizer - On Earth Peace.
- Peace & Justice Book Club Host: Help develop, promote, and manage an online peace and justice book club for seminaries (and beyond). SEMINARY/GRAD STUDENTS ONLY
- Newsletter Editor: email and print.
Work closely with our executive director and others in creative and skillful ways to meet our fundraising needs:
Work closely with our executive director and program directors to help develop and integrate our impact driven approach to program work:
Work closely with our executive director and administrator to improve management and transparency in our financial record keeping and reporting: