The purposes of On Earth Peace internships and fellowships are to advance our work, to achieve success in specific programs and initiatives, and to offer skill-development and personal growth for emerging peacebuilders in a faith-based nonprofit setting, fulfilling our mission to develop leadership for peace in each generation using the discipline of Kingian Nonviolence.
OEP is an institution committed to anti-racism and anti-oppression. We deliberately intend to give all due consideration to persons of all identities, especially those against whom systemic oppressions run, in all our personnel related practices. We joyfully intend to welcome individuals from any and all of these groups to join our staff, programs, board, and constituency.
OEP interns work as part of a cohort of organizers to carry out the functions of their internship. Weekly meetings via zoom and daily check availability by email is expected.
Our internships are intended for young adults age 18-24, current college and graduate students regardless of age, and recent graduates who begin internship within one year of graduating.
All internships are paid at $10 per hour or minimum wage if higher.
- Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal direct, in-person supervision.
- Have completed at least one year of undergraduate education with some course work in fields pertaining to your internship.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication.
- Fluency in using computers and online tools in your work.
- Access to a work space that includes internet, computer, and phone. (On Earth Peace has a decentralized staff that each work from home offices.)
- Passion for building peace and justice.
To learn about the internships and fellowships available, the application process and how we apply Kingian Nonviolence to our work please click on the links below: