OEP-Prison Justice will be hosting an 8-week community engagement and development program beginning May 26th! This program provides opportunities for growth in:
- Build connections with a network of other people concerned about prison justice issues
- Learn more about the challenges facing prisoners and prepare yourself as a leader through exposure to principles of nonviolence and tactics of advocacy
- Take action in your own community through completing program engagement activities
This program is for anyone and everyone interested in getting more involved in this community, prison justice awareness, and taking action in your own community! On top of that, the program activities correlate to point values: if you earn enough points during the program, you will win a free OEP Prison Justice T-Shirt (pictured above)!
Some program activities you can complete on your own, however the group activities are a great opportunity for engagement.
Group activities include:
- Watching short prison justice analysis videos (e.g. TEDTalks) and discussing as a group
- Reading and discussing short excerpts from the book The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander
- Attending OEP-sponsored webinars on principles of Kingian Nonviolence
- If interested, take a look at the following link. It is a detailed description of all program activities and the point-earning power of each one!
SIGNING UP: Email PrisonJustice@OnEarthPeace.org!