In the weeks following the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, students across the nation have been organizing around gun violence and gun control.
These organizing efforts have resulted in two major movements: #NeverAgain and the #MarchForOurLives. Both movements are organized by student survivors of the Parkland shooting and both serve to enact action that would encourage legislators to make sure no more lives are lost due to lack of gun control in the United States.
On Earth Peace is proud to back both of these rapidly growing student movements and encourage people to get involved in their communities and states. Below, we have listed events for both the March 14 national walkout and the March 24 March for Our Lives.
We will post more information later about the April 20 events surrounding the anniversary of the Columbine, CO mass shooting.
If you are interested in having your community, church, or school event listed here please contact our social media organizer at SocialMedia@OnEarthPeace.org.
National School Walkout (3/14/18)
- Prince of Peace Church, Littleton, CO
- -Serving as a resource for students in the community
- -Offering nonviolent peacemaking tools
- Manchester Church of the Brethren, North Manchester, IN
- -Offering support for students in the community who choose to participate
- Manchester University, North Manchester, IN
- -Participating in walkout
- -Offering support for high school students in North Manchester community
- -Gun control advocacy on campus
March for Our Lives (3/24/18)
- North Manchester, IN Community
- -Organizing a bus to the march in Washington, DC
- -Organizing a bus to the march in Indianapolis, IN
The March for Our Lives movement now has marches and actions in every state. To see the nearest march to you, check your state at https://event.marchforourlives.com/event/march-our-lives-events/search/
To learn more about your rights as student, visit the ACLU Student Rights page at https://www.aclu.org/other/students-know-your-rights-presentation