Come and join us during June and July for a transformational month exploring Dr. King's philosophy and methodology of nonviolence. This workshop has helped thousands of people in various social justice movements, prisons, schools and other communities understand the depth of the philosophy of nonviolence and conflict reconciliation.
If you are an organizer working for social change, an activist working to reduce violence in your community, a youth worker/organizer, or just someone who wants to learn how to resolve their personal conflicts better, this workshop is for you!
The training will start on Tuesday June 22nd from 1- 4pm EST and it will run for 5 weeks.
Tuesday June 22nd 1-4pm EST
Tuesday June 29th- 1-4pm EST
Tuesday July 6th- 1-4pm EST
Tuesday July 13th - 1-4pm EST
Tuesday July 20th- 1-4pm EST
- 4 Pillars of Kingian Nonviolence
- Social Dynamics of Nonviolence
- 6 Principles (the will) how to view and transform conflict
- 6 Steps (the skill) how to engage with conflict and organize a campaign
- Definitions of violence
- Types and levels of conflict, and how they escalate and de-escalate
- Dialectical Thinking
Cost: This workshop will be offered on a gift basis, we will explain more during the workshop.