Book List for bullying prevention.Read more
Caption: Two people are presenting a posterboard in a room.
Written by Briel Slocum, Youth and Young Adult Assistant
On Earth Peace uses Kingian Nonviolence as a key framework for its organizing work. Within OEP there are multiple opportunities in which the people we work with are encouraged to learn these beliefs and then apply them within their communities and everyday life.
Currently in Youth and Young Adult (YYA) peace formation, we are inviting youth and children from different areas in location and faith to be young stewards and strive to promote social justice. Young leaders arise in youth groups and clubs all the time. On Earth Peace aids towards further developing ideas and helping youth to execute leadership in a nonviolent way. For many youth, exploring justice areas can be something brand new and needs a lot of careful planning and recognition that there are layers when striving towards change. It is my job as the YYA intern to talk to youth groups so the work that is produced truly helps the community and does not harm.Read more
- On September 29, Matt Guynn spoke on nonviolence in personal and social ethics for a class at McPherson College.
- Matt Guynn continued as part of a curriculum development workgroup for a revamped Level Two Kingian Nonviolence training focused on organizing and mobilizing, to be piloted in late winter/early spring 2022. This was spurred by requests from partners in Arizona, at the Nonviolence Legacy Program of the Culture of Peace Alliance.
- In August, On Earth Peace's Stop Recruiting Kids organizer Sebastian Muñoz-McDonald organized "The Truth About Military Recruiting: A Dialogue with Veterans," featuring sharing from Rosa Del Duca, Ian Littau, and Eddie Falcon. The video recording is available online here
- On Earth Peace Board of Directors held their biannual meeting October 7-9.
- Sebastian Munoz-McDonald, Stop Recruiting Kids Organizer, and Cheylyn Grant, Racial Justice Organizer, completed their internships. Thank you both for all your hard work!
- OEP welcomes Allie Dobson as our Graphic Communications Organizer intern. Welcome Allie!
Caption: An infographic showing information on a new Kingian Nonviolence series.
Written by Anna Rodriguez, Kingian Nonviolence Fellow
Join On Earth Peace in October and November 2021 for a 4-week series to explore tools for organizing and community leadership through the values and practices of Kingian Nonviolence Conflict Reconciliation. If you are an organizer working for social change, an activist working to reduce violence in your community, or just someone who wants to learn more, join us!Read more