Are you concerned about the escalating issue of gun violence in our country? Do you long to make a meaningful difference but want to connect with other Brethren in addressing this challenge from a Jesus-centered perspective? Do you want your congregation to speak up and take action on this issue but don’t know how to get started?
Whether you or your congregation have already taken steps or are looking to get involved, OEP’s Church of the Brethren Gun Violence Prevention Action Team invites you to our second quarterly organizing meeting specifically for gun violence prevention advocates connected to the Church of the Brethren.
Previous attendance at our quarterly meetings is not required, but we will build on work done in the previous meeting. Slides and resources from our Dec 1, 2023 meeting can be found here [https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1LTc6HVDGMSBB_2bpn36BXF4BnCnHHsje].
Date: March 2nd, 2024
Time: 1:00pm Eastern Time / 10:00am Pacific Time
What to Expect:
- Hear updates on the work of the Church of the Brethren Gun Violence Prevention Action Team
- Learn what other Church of the Brethren congregations are doing on this issue
- Reflect on your potential role in the movement and how you can contribute
- Connect with like-minded individuals from within the Church of the Brethren who share your concerns
- Get energized and empowered for the work ahead through practical skill-sharing and spiritual formation
- Collaboratively identify immediate next steps in you and your congregation’s own action against gun violence
At OEP, our aim is to build capacity, commitment, and a collective way forward in the fight against gun violence. The Church of the Brethren Gun Violence Prevention Action Team has formed with the support of OEP to galvanize the Church of the Brethren to be faithful as an effective force for reducing gun violence in our neighborhoods and wherever it occurs.
Come be part of the change. Let's work together to create a safer future for our communities.